We did a deepdive into how to start a podcast recently, as podcasting is getting more and more popular. But just an idea won’t get you anywhere, you’ll need the right tools. And there’s nothing more important in podcasting than making sure your voice is clear and channel out other sounds. In this article, you will find the best (USB) microphones to make sure your podcasts sound amazing.
The top 5 best podcasting microphones currently on the market for every budget and need, prices from low to high:
1. NEWHAODI Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit
- Low budget and easy to use
- Price: $17.99
Not the sexiest looking kit, but if you’ll be recording from your phone and looking for a budget solution, this is one of the best mic-kits you can get. And it’s a full kit too. The Lavalier Lapel Kit has a noise cancelling microphone which works everywhere. It’s a plug and play system, so there’s no need for batteries or apps. How? Just plug it into your device of choice and use your own audio recording app to start recording. The Lavalier Lapel Microphone kit comes with plugs for multiple devices like an iPhone, iPhone X, GoPro, MacBook and many more. It’s not the heaviest build, as you can expect from a 17 dollar kit, but it does the job quite well.
- Low budget
- Connectors for most devices
- Overall build quality
- Not a USB microphone
Check out the best deal on Amazon:
- ☞NOISE CANCELLING FOR FLAWLESS RECORDINGS...
- ☞COMPATIBLE WITH MOST DEVICES - NEWHAODI...
- ☞PROFESSIONAL 5 IN 1 PACK-3.5mm Lav mic,...
2. FIFINE K670 USB Microphone
- Good looking USB microphone, well worth the money
- Price: $47.99
The next one in line is the FIFINE K670 microphone, another budget solution but this time a USB-microphone. It’s a pretty cool looking mic with a touch of retro. The K670 is made for podcasting and streaming and has a plug-and-play USB connectivity. It comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack so you can listen to what you’re recording in real time. The microphone has volume control that allows easy input level adjustment. Particularly good for video voice overs, podcasts, YouTube video, skype conferences, VOIP calls and so on. It’s actually a really nice microphone for a very reasonable price, but 20 bucks more gets you the next one, the Blue Snowball. It’s a matter of budget.
- Design looks cool
- Made for podcasting, good quality sound
- Comes with long cable
- Absorbs shocks due to holder
- Not ideal for use with PC without an audio interface
- Smooth, flat frequency response of...
- A large diaphragm condenser mic that combines...
- Recording microphone comes equipped with a...
3. Blue Snowball USB Microphone (favorite!)
- Professional quality microphone for podcastig
- Price: 49.00$ (sale)
Blue makes really cool microphones. The Snowball is one of them. It doesn’t only look pretty awesome, it works pretty awesome as well. The plug and play microphone works without software, and is capable of recording vocals as well as instrumentals professionally. Just like the Blue Yeti, you can switch between various settings like recording vocals, instrumental music, podcasts and music. Proper microphone for a very reasonable price. Best in class, if you ask me.
- Good sound quality
- Very reasonable priced
- Easy to set up
- Top screws off a bit easily
- Stand can be a little flaky
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear...
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add...
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for...
4. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
- For those who are ready for the next step
- Price: $129
Now this is a good looking microphone. The Blue Yeti USB Microphone is perfect for recording your podcasts but can also be used for vocals, instruments and field recordings. It’s has 3 condenser capsules that can record pretty much in every situation, without any latency. And with it’s four different pattern settings so you can record vocals, instrumental music, podcasts, or interviews in ways that would normally require multiple microphones. This mid-level and reasonably priced microphone is one of Amazon’s best selling USB microphones, and for a reason: It doesn’t only look great, it’s a professional level microphone for a budget price. Works on any (recent) WIndows and Mac laptop.
- Looks amazing
- Multiple pattern selection
- Can pick up background sounds without pop-filter
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can...
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid,...
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency...
5. Audio-Technica AT2020USBi Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
- For the professional podcaster
- Price: $199.00
Looking for something a bit more serious? Want REALLY high quality audio and more features? Then this is the one for you. The Cardioid Condenser has great recording quality. Or, as they call it: “high-resolution” recording. The microphone has input-level control, making it possible to adjust input level on the microphone itself. Besides that, it has a extended frequency response which is perfect for podcasting. The Cardioid Condenser USB microphone is compatible with Windows, Mac and iOS. With the specs of this microphone, you could be doing music recording and podcasting at the same time.
- Top quality sounds
- Good build quality
- Blue intrusive led light
- Condenser microphone with digital output for...
- High-quality A/D converter with 24-bit/96 kHz...
- Mic gain control allows you to adjust input...